Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ending 2015 and Reflecting with Thankfulness



This morning my husband and I had a very pleasant morning, one of the most pleasant mornings I have had in a while. We arose at a good hour to venture out for some errands, a quick trip to the grocery store, and a stop at a, new-to-us, local doughnut shop so we could bring home some sweet treasures for our sleepy household. I was happy to be with my husband and feel at peace. We weren’t feeling rushed. The roads and stores were still quite empty. And best of all, we were together.

When we came home, our crew was still asleep, so we settled on the couch together for a morning rest. As I sat there thinking about the end of 2015, I felt so thankful… so thankful to the Lord for what I have in life…
  • My family and friends, all of the people in my life who love and support me. 
  • My husband who is my best friend and beloved partner in life.
  • My children who fill my life with purpose and joy.
  • My church family that encourages and upholds me.
  • My house, a place I can call home, a place my family and I have cultivated and cherished.
  • The privilege to homeschool my children and be with them every day.
  • For this blog, a place for me to write and influence others and for my readers who make it worthwhile.
And the list goes on…

Sometimes life feels hard. Even the other day my husband mentioned how immensely blessed we are yet how difficult life can be! Unfortunately, that is the case this side of heaven. Life will always have its challenges and continual struggles. However, there is always much to be thankful for.

As you end this year and start a new one, I pray that you are able to have some time to reflect. I pray you are able to stop life for a moment and just think about all of the ways you are blessed.


May we enter 2016 with gratitude
and may it fuel us in the year ahead.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment