Saturday, February 21, 2015

Quick-Fix Chicken Noodle Soup

Quick-Fix Chicken Noodle Soup - The Cozy Nook

In comparison to my usual chicken noodle soup, this soup is a breeze. Typically I make my own broth and shred the chicken off the bone, and therefore, it takes hours to make the soup. With this recipe, I just used packaged broth and boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Also, my family actually said they liked this recipe better. Part of me felt a little disappointed. “What? You don’t prefer the recipe where I pour in a little more love over a lot more time?”

I may have to tweak my other recipe a bit. ~wink~

Quick-Fix Chicken Noodle Soup
Printable Version

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
3 carrots, sliced
4 chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup frozen peas
salt and pepper
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 T parsley
1/2 - 1 package of wide egg noodles (I used 1 entire package. It made the soup very full).

Saute onion, garlic, carrots, and chicken breast. Stir occasionally.

When chicken is almost done, add peas and salt and pepper. Stir and cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly, stirring occasionally.

Add chicken broth, water, and parsley.

Bring to a boil and add egg noodles. Cook until noodles are done.

Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment