Sunday, February 15, 2015

Loving People When It’s Hard

Loving People When It's Hard - The Cozy Nook

It’s easy to love people when it’s easy.

You know… It’s easy to love people when you feel like it.
It’s easy to love people when they love you back.
It’s easy to love people when you get something in return.

It’s not so easy to love people when it’s hard.

Sometimes loving people hurts.
Sometimes loving people feels empty.
Sometimes loving people is completely sacrificial.

Jesus said this,

Love your enemies,
Bless those who curse you,
Do good to those who hate you,
and Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.

Wow! That doesn’t sound like it’s easy; does it?

So, I’m supposed to love the people who hate me, speak evil of me, reject me, use me, and persecute me?

Got it! … Or do I?

I’m learning. All of us are, if we are yielding ourselves to God’s Spirit.

God desires that we love people,
whether it’s easy or hard.

Do you know why?

The next verse in Matthew 5 tells us:

That you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

God wants us to be like Him.
He wants us to be kind, gracious, and merciful.

How have you been loving people?

Are there people in your life whom are hard to love?

God wants you to love them. God wants you to give, even when it hurts.

Dear Lord,
Give us strength to be the people you want us to be. Help us to love people, just as you do – humbly, generously, and sacrificially.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment