Saturday, January 17, 2015

Be Encouraged by Your Best Friend’s Perspective

Be Encouraged by Your Best Friend's Perspective - The Cozy Nook

It’s been one of those weeks… one of those weeks where I have felt pretty discouraged and overwhelmed… one of those weeks where I have been scratching my head, wondering, doubting, and feeling very defeated at times.

As I woke up the other morning, a bright ray of encouragement was waiting for me. It was an email from one of my dearest friends. In her email, she elaborated about something she admires about me and emphasized that I am doing a good job.

Those words were precious, life-giving words that I absorbed quickly.

My friend’s words taught me something.

Sometimes you need to pause and
see yourself as your best friend sees you.

Your best friend admires you.
Your best friend sees great things in you.
Your best friend appreciates the person you are.
Your best friend WANTS to spend time with you, because of who you are.

When we are feeling discouraged by our own lives, we need to realize that there are people in this world who care about us, value our existence, cheer for us, and believe in what we are doing.

How are you feeling today? Are you feeling defeated?

I’m going to be your best friend.

Let me tell you that you ARE doing a good job.
You are of great value.
You are needed in this world.
You are succeeding, even when you feel like you are failing.
You are an integral part of your family and society.

What you do matters… greatly!

Stop the circling of negativity in your mind and believe goodness about your life, even when it is hard and gloomy.

Press on! Persevere! You can do all things through Christ, our Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I am my own worst enemy and biggest critic. Even during the times I'm convinced EVERYONE hates me. : )

    By the way, I've had two people mention to me lately how they're loving your blog because it's "short and sweet". I agree.

    ReplyDelete