Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Plan Your Morning and Evening Routines

Morning and Evening Routines - The Cozy Nook

Routines are special. They provide stability and focus – a spine for the day. An evening routine helps us prepare for the next day. Remember, tomorrow really starts the night before. A morning routine helps us get our days started on the right foot.

As I mentioned in my last post, I am working on getting my routines fleshed out so I can provide a bit more structure as life gets busier with the start of school and other activities.

Here are what my routines look like so far:

Morning Routine
Make Bed
Bible Reading, Prayer – 20 to 30 minutes
Exercise  - 20 to 30 minutes
Shower, Dress – 20 minutes
Pack Hubby’s lunch, if not done the night before
Blog – 30 minutes
Make breakfast
Chore - 15 minutes or less
Check/Switch laundry
Check “To Do” List

Evening Routine
Make sure kitchen sink is clean and empty
Clean kitchen table
Chore - 15 to 30 minutes
Put laundry away
Pack Hubby’s lunch
Make realistic “To Do” list for tomorrow
Upstairs at 10 p.m.  Read, blog, connect with Hubby.
Lights out by/at 11 p.m.

When I planned my morning routine, I tried to think about what I want to get done in the morning and sketch out some rough time estimates. I am trying to make it realistic. Right now, it seems a bit idealistic, but I know that some of the activities can be optional if necessary.

Also, I may alternate some of the activities, i.e. Exercise one day, Blog the next.

Remember, routines are guides, not rulers!

They are meant to provide direction with flexibility.

My evening routine consists of things that are important to me in finishing the day well, promoting peace for bed time, and also in preparing for the next morning.

If my kitchen sink and table are clean in the morning, I feel like I have a clean slate. If they are dirty, I feel behind already!

Are you ready to plan morning
and evening routines?

Begin by making a list of the things that are important to you. You can use my lists as examples.

Over the next few days, keep a piece of paper out on the counter so you can jot down ideas for your routines as you think of them.

Once you create routines for yourself, consider posting them somewhere where you can see them so it is easier to follow them.

I pray your routines are a blessing to you!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on getting up so early! I am getting up at 6 am too, but not voluntarily! haha. I need to get myself motivated to fit exercise in then.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, 6 am is a goal! I am still transitioning from our summer schedule! Blessings! :)

      Delete