Sunday, August 17, 2014

Establish Routines: Prepare for the Year Ahead

Establish Routines - The Cozy Nook

September is going to be crazy. I already feel it.

I should not be surprised. It’s like this every September.

School will be fully in session.
My boys will be playing soccer.
My daughter’s ballet lessons will start again.
Music lessons will be in full swing.
Homeschool co-op starts its fall semester.
Wednesday night church provides weekly teaching opportunities for me.
Multiple family birthdays exist, including my father-in-law’s 80th.

Yep, it’s going to be busy!

For the next two weeks I am trying to get my routines established.

  • Morning Routine – to help my day start smoothly
  • Evening Routine – to prepare for the next day
  • School Routine – to establish a general order for our school
  • Chore Routine – to give structure to housework, meal planning, etc.
  • Planning Routine – to assign certain days for planning school and other responsibilities I have, i.e. teaching at church and co-op

As I flesh them out, I am going to write about it here, on my blog, with hopes that it will help you create some routines for yourself.

First, let me leave you with this challenge.

Write out all of the routines you would
like to establish in your life.

What does your list look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment