Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Helps for a Hard Day

P4200234

Today is one of those days.  I’ve got an accident-prone, maniac puppy, a child who is fearful of the maniac puppy, a toddler who is struggling with sickness and the inability to have a happy heart, a very slow journey through our school day, the pressures of many responsibilities, and a very busy schedule this month weighing upon me.

I am doing my best to keep my head above water.

Here are some of the things that help me get through days like this.

Prayer!  God is my Helper, my Strength, and my Guide.  What does He want from me today? 

Time alone.

A snuggle from a child or my husband.

Coffee or tea and chocolate!

Fresh foods, like a smoothie or a large salad, to keep my brain fresh.

A good mixture of perseverance and breaks.  I need to keep being productive, but breaks help provide sanity!

An afternoon nap.

Refreshed perspective, remembering that “this too shall pass!”

Connection with a friend, even if it is just via a text or social media.  It gives me strength, knowing I am not alone.

What helps you get through your hard days?

1 comment:

  1. Lots of the same! Prayer, a nice cup of tea, chocolate, a slow walk outside.

    Praying for you today, friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete