Monday, February 27, 2012

Spelling Helpers for the Hands-On/Creative Child

Do you have a hands-on/creative child in the bunch for whom you have to “think outside of the textbook” at times? 

I do!  Spelling has not come naturally for her, and I have been racking my brain, trying to come up with ways to help her.  We did a couple things over the past week that helped, so I wanted to share them with you.

My daughter LOVES to write on whiteboards!  I found this cute one in the dollar bin at Target.  I pulled it out of our school store, gave it to her as a present, and said, “Okay, we’re going to do spelling on here today”.  She lit up, and it worked wonderfully!

P2200029

We also used our large whiteboard in the kitchen one day to play hangman for the words she had gotten wrong on her spelling list.  She loved that, too!

P2230008

Another resource we found recently is Spelling City.com.  They have all sorts of activities on there to reinforce your child’s current spelling words or with a random list to try.

Whatever you do, remember to pray!  God knows what our children need!

No comments:

Post a Comment